Monday, August 11, 2008

Monkey Bread???


Job and I love this, but we could never agree on a name for it. My family calls it Monkey bread, but Job knows monkey bread as the cinnamon sugar bread (cinnamon pull-aparts in my family). For Job's and my sake, we named it Butter Bread. Here's the recipe . . . enjoy!!


In large bowl put: 2 cups of warm water, 1/2 cup of sugar, 1 tsp salt, and 2 tblsp yeast.

Mix and set until bubbly.


Add 2 beaten eggs, 3 cups flour, and 4tblsp oil. Slowly add 3-4 (or more if needed) cups of flour.

Knead and then cover and let it rise until it's double.


Melt 1 stick of margarine in a bundt pan in the oven. Roll dough on floured surfice into 1/2" thick and cut out with biscuit cutter (I use a jar lid). Dip cut out dough in melted butter and stack on its side. Repeat until full. Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees.


***With one recipe, I can make two.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We always called the cinammon sugar pull apart bread "monkey Bread" also.

Bryan and Natalie said...

We have a blog too! That bread looks REALLY yummy by the way, and it looks so soft! I think I'll try and make it! (Although I'm not the best baker...)