Thursday, June 9, 2011

Two Years Too Fast

I cannot believe that two years ago my little baby boy was about to be born. I remember lying in bed with contraction pain, unsure of what was really happening, only to find out that my body was preparing itself to bring a child into this world. We had called the hospital multiple times during the 24 hours prior to Porter's birth, only to be told that if I was not at least dilated to a 4, then I would be sent home. Well, that was not in the birthing plan, so I waited and waited. I tried a bath, peppermint tea, night time Tylenol (or whatever it is called), only to be rejected by all attempts of a more relaxing night. Between contractions and bathroom visits, I waited watched the time go by until I could not take it any longer. I woke up Job at about 2:30 in the morning and with contractions 6-7 minutes apart, we headed to the hospital. During the 20 minute drive, they turned into 2-3 minute contractions and I could not walk to the delivery room. The nurses hooked me up and when they checked me I was at an 8. Whoohoo! We were not leaving the hospital. I received some pain medication through my IV and less than 5 hours later and after over an hour of pushing, little Porter entered the world. He seemed so small at 20 inches and 7 pounds 11 ounces.

That little boy is no longer. The once quiet, still boy is now a rambunctious 2 year old. Porter loves the outdoors, balls, playing catch, eating yummy food, helping mommy and daddy with anything and everything and "taking care" of his little sister. He is so grown up and talks all day long. He is so smart and remembers EVERYTHING. Some of our favorite Porterisms are flirting by batting his eyes, smiling super cute and blowing kisses; saying "hhmmm" when he is thinking really hard about something.





He loves to "find treasure" through geo caching. He learned about true geo caching from his Aunt Christina when she would take him out after Annie was born.


Porter LOVES his sister Annie. He has to kiss her ALL the time, give her blankets or toys or whatever else he has, and be next to her. He is always wanting to play catch with her, even though she doesn't catch with her hands (this we found out several times). He loves to mimic the sounds she makes and she loves to watch him be all crazy.


His days are spent mostly with Mommy and Annie, but he can't wait to hide from daddy when he gets home from work. He is so fun to watch as he learns new things. Life would not be the same without Porter in it,


Even if he can be a little on the crazy side!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

The Hettinger Homestead said...

Happy Birthday Porter! I love the pictures.

Christina Tara said...

It all has gone by so fast. I miss him all the time. Sad I won't be close enough to just take off and come visit anymore. But excited to see you guys in a couple weeks! Happy Birthday Porter, my geocaching buddy!!!