Sunday, August 14, 2011

Next stop, Medford

The next day, we packed up again and started our journey to Fort Lewis, Washington with Grandpa Brooksby and Aunt Kimmy. My brother Richard just graduated in May with his DVM and his family just moved there yo Washingtn from Kansas and my mom helped them move out. She has been gone for 5 weeks and so we are going to go get her. We were going to go about half way, Medford. While getting gas before we headed out, Aunt Kimmy ran over to Starbucks to get us some Vanilla Bean ( no coffee ) Frappaccinos. Can I say yummy?, because they were.


I shared with Porter and I think he had it most of the time because when I said "mommy's turn" he would say "one more drink". He loved his "ice cream".


I tried baby Mum Mum rice husks with Annie and I think she likes them.


About an hour and half from Medford we stopped in the City of Shasta to stretch and enjoy the beautiful Mt. Shasta.





Porter loved playing with this cart with Aunt Kimmy.











Porter is so funny. He started saying that the light was in his eyes. The sun was setting and so therefore the sun was hitting him in the face. He used this book to block it. Funny kid.


We made it to Medford in about 7 hours and then checked into the Ramada and headed over to Home Town Buffet for Dinner where Porter put half of his food in his water cup. Two cute sleeping children. They were exhausted and it was after 10:30.





Up before 7, the kids and I watched the Chipmunk sequel and then at almost 9 we went next door and woke up Grandpa and Kimmy. After a yummy breakfast we went swimming before heading on to Fort Lewis. Porter loves the pool.


We played in the 2 ft deep pool and Porter was not sure about whether he wanted to walk or not, not so much.



He found these broken goggles there and played with them the whole time. We tried them on. Do they look good?









We are now on our way to Fort Lewis, as I blog from the car. We stopped to get gas and as my dad was about to get out of the car, there was a man that asked how much gas we wanted and continued to tell us that people will look at you like you are crazy if you get out and pump your own gas. What a nice state. It makes you think about moving there so you don't have to pump your own gas.
-Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: